The meaning of Ayatul Kursi is ‘The Throne Verse.’ However, the meaning of Kursi is a chair or a footstool, but it is also translated as the throne.
The Ayatul Kursi is the 255th verse of Surah al Baqarah of the Qur’an. This verse is known to be the most read verse of the Qur’an and it is also memorized by a large number of people due to its significance. The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) himself claimed it to be the greatest and the most important Ayat ever revealed in the Qur’an.
From the hadith above, it is clear that recitation of this verse of Holy Quran keeps us protected from Satan who is our worst enemy. Every Muslim must learn this verse to seek the protection of Allah and to defeat the Satan.
- Ayatul Kursi protects your house and children from the Shaitaan.
- Its frequent recitation will make your death easier.
- If your dear one has passed away, recite Ayatul Kursi as Hadiya for them. It provides noor in the grave for the dead ones.
- You will not fear anything if you recite this.
- If you recite it after every prayer, your Salaat will be accepted by Allah.
When should you read Ayatul Kursi? – Benefits of Reciting it
Following are the times, according to Hadith when Ayatul Kursi must be recited:
- After every Fard Salaat. (After doing this, the only thing to prevent you from entering the paradise will be death, nothing else)
- Just before sleep. (Allah will send Angels to guard us while we are asleep.
- While leaving your house. (Allah will protect you)
- When you are in a desperate situation.
- Recite it on your possessions. It will bring Barakah to it.
- If you recite this in the morning, Allah will protect you all day.